The Saint Jude Knights of Columbus Council 16513 will be hosting a 24-hour Rosary Marathon that will begin Saturday, October 13 at 9 am and run continuously until 8:15 am Sunday October 14.
The Rosary Marathon will take place in the Our Lady of Aparecida Chapel in the Spalding House across the parking lot from the Church. The Blessed Sacrament will also be exposed for adoration during the praying of the Rosary.
During each hour, we expect to pray the full Rosary 3 times. As such we need 3 people to sign up for each hour to lead each Rosary. Below is an overview of how the Marathon will work:
- Each of the 3 leaders will pray the entire Rosary (as opposed to having individuals pray each decade.) If there are fewer than three leaders in an hour, one person may have to lead more Rosaries.
- The leaders can choose the particular intentions and meditations they wish to pray for during their Rosary prayer. Suggestions and guides will be provided to assist you. Ring Rosaries will also be available for those who forget to bring a Rosary.
- We welcome you to sign up to lead a Rosary at multiple hours. We do ask that you remain for the full hour.
- The Rosary Marathon is open to all Catholics, so as a Rosary leader, we encourage you to invite family and friends to join you during your hour.
- Anyone attending a Rosary hour can serve as a Rosary leader.
This promises to be an extraordinary event, and we need every Knight to participate!
Please sign up to be a leader here.
And please share this event with family and friends. We’d love to get as many people involved as possible!