(For those in 10th Grade 2019-2020)
Confirmation Mass is February 22, 2020
What is the purpose of Confirmation requirements?
The purpose of Confirmation requirements is to help your teen understand this very special sacrament and to draw your teen deeper into a relationship with the Lord throughout the Confirmation process. However, we don’t want to add stress to your life! If your teen has a repeating Sunday afternoon commitment or another problem with the Confirmation requirements, please email Confirmation Coordinator so that we can determine the right path for your teen.
Our application process is now closed. Please contact Elizabeth Piper with questions.
1. If you are not a registered parishioner at Saint Jude, please request a letter from your Pastor that acknowledges your student can be confirmed at Saint Jude the Apostle instead of your own parish. This letter is due to Saint Jude by September 6, 2019.
2. Review the Important Dates sheet.
3. Request Sacramental Records if not baptized at Saint Jude, see Sacramental Records for details, due by October 1, 2019
4. Attend ONE Parent Orientation Meeting:
Dates: Thursday, Sept 12 OR Tuesday, Sept 17
Time: 7:00-8:15 PM
Location: Life Teen Room
1. Attend the required number of Life Teen Nights/Events: Non-Catholic School students attend at least 20; Catholic School students attend at least 10. See Schedule Here
2. Choose a Sponsor, see Sponsor Guidelines, and turn in Sponsor Form Form by October 15, 2019.
Drop off to Parish Office Sunday through Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm or mail to:
Saint Jude the Apostle Catholic Church
ATTN: Confirmation Coordinator
7171 Glenridge Drive
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
3. Attend Candidate and Sponsor Workshop: Saturday, October 26, 2019, from 1:00-5:00 pm in Ministry Hall
6. Attend Mandatory Confirmation Sessions on Sundays: January 12th, January 26th, and February 2nd. All Sessions will take place from 3:15- 4:45 PM, see Important Dates for locations.
7. Attend ONE of the Saturday Confirmation Day Retreat: February 8th OR February 15th, 2020. There will be maximum capacity for each of the dates and is first-come, first-served. Register by Nov. 1, 2019.
8. Attend Confirmation Rehearsal: February 18, 2020, 6:45 pm – 8:00 pm
9. Get Confirmed at Confirmation Mass: Saturday, February 22nd, 10:30 am