(For those in 10th Grade 2019-2020)
Confirmation Mass is February 22, 2020
What is the purpose of Confirmation requirements?
The purpose of Confirmation requirements is to help your teen understand this very special sacrament and to draw your teen deeper into a relationship with the Lord throughout the Confirmation process. However, we don’t want to add stress to your life! If your teen has a repeating Sunday afternoon commitment or another problem with the Confirmation requirements, please email Caitlin so that we can determine the right path for your teen.
1. Fill out Application Form ONLINE
Fee: $115, includes Confirmation Day Retreat
Or fill out paper Confirmation Application
Registration and Payment deadline is August 26, 2019.*
*AFTER August 26th, the candidate will not be able to participate in Confirmation in 2019-20 and will need to wait to be confirmed the following year.
2. If you are not a registered parishioner at Saint Jude, please request a letter from your Pastor that acknowledges your student can be confirmed at Saint Jude the Apostle instead of your own parish. This letter is due to Saint Jude by August 26, 2019.
3. Review the Important Dates sheet.
4. Request Sacramental Records if not baptized at Saint Jude, see Sacramental Records for details, due by October 1, 2019
5. Attend ONE Parent Orientation Meeting:
Dates: Thursday, Sept 12 OR Tuesday, Sept 17
Time: 7:00-8:15 PM
Location: Life Teen Room
1. Attend the required number of Life Teen Nights/Events: Non-Catholic School students attend at least 20; Catholic School students attend at least 10.
5. Attend Candidate and Sponsor Workshop: Saturday, November 16th, 2019 from 9:30 AM- 1:00 PM
7. Attend Mandatory Confirmation Sessions on Sundays: January 12th, January 26th, and February 2nd. All Sessions will take place from 3:15- 4:45 PM, see Important Dates for locations.
8. Attend Confirmation Rehearsal: TBD
9. Get Confirmed at Confirmation Mass: Saturday, February 22nd, 10:30 am