“The Church must be a place of mercy freely given, where everyone can feel welcomed, loved, forgiven, and encouraged to live the good life of the Gospel.”
― Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel: Evangelii Gaudium
The RCIA program is a program of preparation, mid-Sept through Pentecost (50 days after Easter). Sessions focusing on Scripture, teachings of the Church, prayer, and fostering a personal relationship with Christ through the community of the Church. The highlight of the journey is the reception of the Sacraments at the Easter Vigil Mass.
RCIA is for:
- An adult who has never been Baptized (Catechumen) who desires to become Catholic.
- The Catechumen is prepared to receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist, thus becoming fully initiated as a member of the Catholic Church.
- An adult who is already baptized in another Christian church (Candidate) who now seeks to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church.
- We help prepare you for Reception of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, a Profession of faith, the Sacrament of Confirmation, and the reception of the Holy Eucharist.
- Unbaptized children over the age of 7 years.
- We help prepare you with a special program, part of RCIA, that acknowledges the child’s age, experiences, and unique circumstances to prepare them to receive the Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- An adult who was baptized Catholic who has not had the opportunity to celebrate the Sacrament of Eucharist and/or Confirmation.
- You can prepare through our RCIA program. Another course of study may be recommended on an individual basis.
For more information:
Ann Sottile, Adult Faith Coordinator – 770-394-3896 ext. 237
Baptized Catholics who wish to complete the Sacraments of Eucharist and/or Confirmation should contact us to determine if RCIA is appropriate or if another course of study is recommended.