To schedule a Mass intention, please drop by or call our parish office at 770-394-3896.
At Saint Jude the Apostle Catholic Church, we receive many requests for scheduling Mass intentions. To allow as many parishioners and friends as possible the opportunity to schedule Masses, please follow the guidelines below:
- Saint Jude the Apostle will accept requests for specific Mass intentions on a first-come, first-served basis. Requests can be made in person at the parish office or by calling our office at 770-394-3896.
- Each household will have a maximum of 12 specific intentions per calendar year to enable as many parishioners and friends as possible to schedule Mass intentions.
- A minimum stipend of $10 is recommended (as determined by Archdiocesan policy) to accompany each Mass request. However, a Mass intention request will not be denied because of the inability to offer a stipend.
- Only one intention can be taken for each Mass. However, a single intention may be for multiple individuals, e.g., for the deceased members of the Spalding family.
- Our Mass Intention book will remain open year-round; however, Mass Intentions cannot be scheduled for more than one year in advance (per Canon Law).
- One Mass every Sunday and one Mass on each Holy Day must be reserved for the intention of the “People of the Parish”. The Mass is known as “Pro Populo” (per Canon Law).
- If the requested Mass day/time is not available, we will schedule the intention as close to the requested date/time as possible.
- If you have reached 12 Mass Intentions within one calendar year but would like to schedule additional Mass intentions, the following options are available to you:
- “Aid to the Church in Need”: A Catholic Charity that forwards Mass Intentions to bishops and religious superiors in the countries it serves. These offerings are then distributed to local priests according to need and availability. Please visit churchinneed.org to offer a Mass or to learn more.
- Marians of the Immaculate Conception: Offerings for Holy Masses are used to support Marian priests and their missions throughout the world. Please visit marian.org/mass to offer a Mass or to learn more.
- Monastery of the Holy Spirit: You may send Mass requests via mail. Write “Mass Request” on the check memo line with an attached note stating the name(s) of the recipient(s) and the requested intention(s). If you would like a Mass card sent, please provide the name and address of the recipient. A minimum stipend of $10.00 is recommended. Make check payable to Monastery of the Holy Spirit and mail to:
Mass Secretary – Monastery of the Holy Spirit
2625 Hwy 212 SW
Conyers, GA 30094-4044