Our goal is to provide an opportunity for adults to learn about the Catholic faith and, if desired, to complete the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, First Eucharist, Confirmation) and become full members of the Catholic Church through the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults.
RCIA is for:
- An adult who has never been Baptized (Catechumen) who desires to become Catholic.
- The Catechumen is prepared to receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist, thus becoming fully initiated as a member of the Catholic Church.
- An adult who is already baptized in another Christian church (Candidate) who now seeks to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church.
- We help prepare you for Reception of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, a Profession of faith, the Sacrament of Confirmation, and the reception of the Holy Eucharist.
- Unbaptized children over the age of 7 years.
- We help prepare you with a special program, part of RCIA, that acknowledges the child’s age, experiences, and unique circumstances to prepare them to receive the Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- An adult who was baptized Catholic who has not had the opportunity to celebrate the Sacrament of Eucharist and/or Confirmation.
- You can prepare through our RCIA program. Another course of study may be recommended on an individual basis.
If you would like to learn more about the RCIA program at Saint Jude, please complete the form below. We look forward to speaking with you!
For more information, contact Ann Sottile, Adult Faith Coordinator.