To form a group of qualified and trained altar servers who render faithful, reverent, and meaningful service to God by assisting at the celebration of Holy Mass and other liturgical and devotional functions.
Please read these qualifications and then complete the form below to register.
– Registered/Active Parish Family
–Completion of Third Grade
–Recipient of the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and Eucharist
– Weekly Mass Attendance
–Regular reception of Reconciliation and Eucharist
–Ability to Recite basic prayers of the Mass (after training)
–Code of Conduct compliance & fulfill the Ministry’s Service Promise
–Commitment to Program by both the server and the parent
Program at a Glance:
- Servers will be ranked according to knowledge, experience, and performance.
- Rank progression: Apprentice, Novice, Skilled Server, Master Server
- Higher ranked servers will have more responsibilities and more opportunities for serving (e.g. Weddings, Funerals)
- Servers are required to attend Work, Pray, Play gatherings designed to help them:
- Grow in spirituality through praying together
- Grow as a community by playing together
- Improve their knowledge and skills
- Prove their abilities as a server
- Understand the requirements for their advancement
- Adult Volunteers are welcome/needed to help with the administration
- Mass Coaches will work with servers before/after Mass
- Trainers will help teach and evaluate the servers knowledge and skills
- Organizers will be needed to help plan and implement Gatherings
- Parental Support is required for servers to be successful
- Read & Share all program communication, i.e. e-mail & training materials
- Ensure timely arrival to assignments (20 minutes before Mass)
- Obtain qualified substitutes as needed
- Support of the program in general
Steps to becoming an Altar Server:
- Fill out the Apprentice Registration Form
- An additional family discernment meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 15 at 7:00 pm in Room 113 – Ministry Building for those who were unable to attend one of the May meetings
- Attend one, 90 minutes “Show and Tell/Demonstration” Training Session in June (dates TBD)
- Attend our Commissioning Liturgy/Reception in August (date TBD) open to family/friends.
To find out more about our next Apprentice Class formation, contact our Altar Server Ministry.