Sunday, 10:00 am Mass
For Children in PreK4-2nd Grade
Children’s Liturgy of the Word (also known as CLOW) is a ministry program in which the Sunday Scriptures are proclaimed and explained on a level appropriate for children in grades PreK4-2nd. CLOW occurs during the 10:00 am Mass on most Sundays during the school year.
What exactly do the children do?
- CLOW begins in the Sanctuary during regular Mass.
- After the Opening Prayer, the priest calls the children to the front of the altar.
- The children are blessed and then process with the CLOW leaders to Stapleton Hall downstairs.
- In the Stapleton Center, a sacred space has been prepared where they participate in the next part of the Mass, the Liturgy of the Word. Everything that adults and family members do upstairs the children also do downstairs. CLOW readings come from the Children’s Lectionary, so they hear the Word of God in language more suitable to their age.
- CLOW prayer leaders then discuss the readings with the children.
- Next, they say the Creed and offer Petitions. They may also sing a hymn or two.
- Finally, CLOW leaders bring the children back to the sanctuary where they rejoin their families during the Offertory.
This ministry is parishioner-led and organized in teams. So, we need parents or other adults to form the teams that will rotate weekends. This is a wonderful way to share your love of our faith with our youngest members.
Learn more about the role of CLOW leaders and team members here.
To sign-up to be a CLOW team member, register here.
Questions? Email Julia Acosta, Coordinator of Elementary PSR or call 770-394-3896 ext. 527.